Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Breeze WOULD make me feel fine...

Wow! It is hot here in Valdosta. I am here with Blake for the next five weeks playing house. We are both loving being together for the summer. Blake is going to school five days out of the week, and I am soaking up the sun, cleaning, cooking, etc. while he is not at the apartment. I am loving every minute, well maybe not every minute...because it is hot. There is absolutely no breeze here in the armpit of the south. This just means I must stay in the pool :) I have made a committment to blog each week about our summer together...yes, it will be me recording daily events :) So far week one has played out this way:

Monday, June 14th- I arrived in Valdosta at 6:30. We ate chinese and went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. After we got back to the apartment, I made tuna salad, chicken salad, and rice crispy treats.

Tuesday, June 15th- Blake went to school at 10am. I made his lunch before he left, and then I started washing clothes and cleaning. I went out to the pool at 2:30 and stayed there for about 4 hours. Blake came out to swim. When it was time for him to work out, I went back to the apartment and showered. We went to Bill's for wings and trivia.

Wednesday, June 16th- Blake went to school at 10am. I made his lunch before he left, and then watched some TV (something I haven't been able to do in a while). I had to go to Blake's school to get my Wild Adventure's pass, and while I was there I got to watch him work the simulator for a few minutes. That was cool! I then met up with Elizabeth and Carson Richards who drove over from Crestview to do Wild Adventures for the day. The weather started going downhill, so we all went back to the apartment to clean up. We then went to the mall (Victoria's Secret was having the semi-annual sale). After doing a little shopping, we went to eat dinner at Longhorn. YUMMY!

Thursday, June 17th- Same morning routine. Same pool routine from Tuesday. When Blake went to work out at the gym, I went back to the apartment to shower and start cooking. We ate turkey spaghetti bake and green beans. Then we watched tv for the rest of the night:)

Friday, June 18th- Blake had to be at school from 7am until 1pm. After making his lunch and kissing him goodbye, I managed to fall back asleep until about 10:30. NICE! It felt great. We watched a bit of tv, and I forgot to mention earlier that I was able to catch up with everyone on Facebook :) We went out to the pool about 3pm to play trivia. The rules were STUPID and resulted in people running around the pool to try and get their answers in first. If you weren't the first ones to turn in your answers, then you didn't get as many points. Well, obviously we didn't win. After the pool, we showered, went to Cici's pizza, and then went to play Rock Band at the home of Blake's classmate, Candy.

Saturday, June 19th- Blake and I started out the morning eating breakfast muffins that I made on Friday. We watched "Baby Mama" which was hilarious. Blake and I just laughed and laughed. Very nice! He had to work at the tower from 2pm until 6pm, so I went to Wild Adventures for a couple of hours with Jade, another classmate of his. It was packed because of the Kirk Franklin concert, so we didn't stay very long. We went back to the pool and swam for a few hours. Jade brough her Wii over to the apartment, and we played Mario Cart for a few hours. I loved it! I have never been the video game type, but I love Mario Cart! Everyone pitched in and I made taco fixin's for dinner.

Sunday, June 20th- Father's Day and Blake's day off- What a LAZY day this became! We started out strong. We went to church and then ate lunch at "Smokin' Pig" YUMMY!! I started feeling a bit under the weather, which was fitting for the rainy day it became. We laid in the bed for the entire afternoon, napping and watching movie after movie. I decided I'd better get up and make dinner, so I baked some italian chicken and with rice on the side. At about 8pm, Blake decided he wanted to go to the movies to see "The Karate Kid." I wanted to see it, but really didn't feel like getting out of bed. The movie started at 9:45 and we decided to go at 9:25 :) We got there just in time to get our tickets, popcorn, drink, and a seat. It was a great movie, and ending to a lazy day!

Monday, June 21st- Blake's second day off- We slept in until about 10:30 :) We decided "NO SANDWICHES" for lunch and chose Steak-n-Shake instead. Of course, I had to have my Frisco melt and a peach milkshake. We went back to the apartment while it rained for a few hours. Mother nature decided to pay me a visit, which just put me out (physically and mentally) for the next few hours. I decided it might make me feel a little better to hit the pool with everyone else for a little while...NO. It was hot, I was bloated, and I didn't feel like talking to anyone. We went back to the apartment and finished up the leftovers in the fridge for dinner (along with my kettle corn). We decided to get back in bed and watch "The Departed." Then dozed off, ready for week two.

So far, I have a great headstart on tan, laziness, and my grocery list for this upcoming week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment